Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A must read



While I'd like to say I've begun reading Bonhoeffer.....No that goal is still on list but I am finishing up another extraordinary book right now. (Peace Making Women). My eyes are wide open. I see. I recommend it if you desire to see too.

What do I see? I see the the lies I have believed about relationships and I am beginning to understand how those lies can be restored with, peace. I'm not finished with this book yet but, I know its an excellent read for anyone willing to receive biblical knowledge about solving real life problems with those people we have to talk to everyday, those people we need to talk to everyday. Humans and their relationships are ever changing but if we presume to keep our relationships peaceful, one thing must remain constant, LOVE.

God is Love having said that the foundation for all peace-filled relationships is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

One of the great quotes I got from the book: On the last day. Jesus will not ask about our IQ, social status, health, or wealth. He will ask how our relationships were. And the chief characteristic of a good relationship is love. ~ Alfred Poirier

Plain and simple their are just a few insights I must share with you, they are life changing and totally useful for this generation. As they have helped me to preserve in my convictions and inspired dramatic change in me.

Loving a person despite how they treat you is a reflection of who you are and your heart not about who they are and whether or not they deserve your love.

Forgiveness too? Your probably thinking. and the answer.... OH YES. Yes yes yes.

But what about sacrifice? That can't be the case with it after all those pinterest sayings I've read about not making someone else your priority when they only make you an option. Well my friends according to the Bible we have been deceived. Sacrificing for others is more about us than it is about them. It a reflection of our ability to be selfless or lack thereof.

I'm so thankful for the insights of Tara Barthel and Judy Dabler wwho coauthored Peace Making Women and pray God uses this book to radically change my heart and mold be into a peace making woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment