Tuesday, July 9, 2013

hitting and putting



This Sunday after church I got a little closer to accomplishing my goal of being able to hit and putt properly. I really love that I have made this list of things I want to accomplish because it is really motivating me to accomplish them. I have officially checked off one of my other goals as well but I'll talk about that in a later post. For now, I'll just elaborate on my golf outing......

When we arrived at the golf course I was super excited to get started but, didn't exactly know what to expect. I had only been to the golf course one other time and that day Zac and I had just putted for a short time. Today though, Zac, my very experienced golfer boyfriend was going to show me how to hit the ball like in the air and make it go a long distance.



I thought, "Yeah, I will probably do terrible a couple times but as I kept hitting I'd get better and be decent at least." HA hahahahha. Yes, in this one outing I expected to get down the basic hitting technique. Reality: Zac brought me a little basket of about 25 golf balls to his big basket of about 40. At first I was like why do you get more. By the end though I understood and was thanking him for getting me a smaller basket. I'd say of the 25 balls I hit about three were decent ones. They ended up pretty close to the first flag in front of me and that was definitely an accomplishment for me. But as to why I was appreciative for the smaller basket was because my hands and wrists were quickly becoming sore. Something I would never have mentioned to him. Especially after I had begged and begged for him to take me golfing and we were finally at the course.



Their were also quite a few un-glamorous and even painful times when I attempted to hit the ball with all my force and slammed the club into the ground just before the ball. OUCH!! Don't do that it hurts really bad. Like a ringing in your wrist kind of bad.



Overall I had a great time. Learning something new is always challenging at first but once you get it down it can be tons of fun. Zac was patient in teaching me and helped when I needed him to which I very much appreciated. He also let me learn things for myself too. I am such a visual learning seeing someone do something and then repeating what they do is how I learn best. I am excited to get back out there and keep at it.

And can I just say to all you golfers out there I admire your dedication to get out in the heat and drag your bag around for like four hours straight and still play amazingly I know that ain't no easy task.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you have someone to teach you! Add to that is he's well-experienced. Golfing is a fun experience; there are many reasons to love it! And even if you don't have the skills to score the shots, the scenery with its nature landscape is enough to enjoy it. =)
    Jeni @ WinningWaysGolf.com

    ReplyDelete