Thursday, June 27, 2013

half way to 2014



Realizing this year is going by so quickly and that my summer is almost over I began to brainstorm making a list of some things I want to do before 2014. I so believe in the importance of goals and that without them our ability to achieve and try new things is hindered. It is never my intention to think that just because I am a college student with limited funds their isn't plenty of things out there for me try and succeed at or possibly fail, its all about the experience for me!

I want to take advantage of and truly be thankful for my health, youth, and time while I have the opportunity. When you take the time to truly think of all the wonderful things this world has to offer ( after exaggerated efforts to get the negative offers out of your head)its amazing. God's desire for us as Christians is that we lead a joy filled lives and I can't imagine my life being to joyful if I remain in the same place day after day and never try anything new. Unless of course that was His will for me but in everything I have read, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Its not that I think my life will be more joyful if I add this list of goals rather it is I believe that if through faith I rely on God to help me complete my goals I will become more joyful in his lovingkindness, goodness and faithfulness. I believe it is by trusting in him we grow. If in every new thing I try and goal I complete or attempt to complete I trust in him I can't go wrong. Nothing can happen but my heart be filled to the brim with love.

I may not be able to check everything off the list but it is better to set too many goals than not enough. I once heard, "if your dreams don't scare you they aren't big enough" and I have to say I agree. Some of my dreams for 2014 are silly and some are very serious but I think I can gain something good from all of them.

Having said that, by 2014 I plan to...............

*Get all A's and B's in my classes.
*Volunteer in my church's Sunday School and help out with the elementary!
*Learn how to play golf or at least hit the ball properly.
*Go hiking and canoeing at least once.
*With the help of Zac try all 65 of the Sno Castle flavors.(So far its 8 down with 57 to go)
*Make beautiful cupcakes for the October wedding of my dad and his fiance,Kristi.
*Book a ticket to California and go see my cousin, Samantha.
*Make homemade marshmellows!
*Become comfortable driving on highways and interstates.
*And Last but not least read Bonhoeffer.
On top of being a part-time nanny and a full time student being in August I think this is quite the challenge but, I am definitely up for it. I can't wait for the adventure. I plan to update regularly on my progress and celebrate accomplishments on my blog. I will also tweet about my goals under the hash tag (#slmuntil2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment