Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In honor of Father's Day


We have so many names for the special guy we celebrate on Father's Day! I know I've called mine an array of names ranging from pops to daddy (when I was an oh so little girl). If you have a dad you are blessed. I think God for my dad always. He is a strong man that has been through a great deal but he has always supported, encouraged and provided for me.

He is such a blessing in my life as I know, not all people have their daddys around. Some have gone to Heaven and others just choose not to be apart of their children's lives, sadly. My heart yearns for those children who dad's have gone astray and for those I want to talk about a certain verse that is so touching so loving and so impacting. It's Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Whether you know your biological father or not has no bearing on you knowing your heavenly father. He yearns to be close to all His children and His love is enduring and unending for those he knows as his beloved. Be encouraged today if your missing your earthly father. Your heavenly father desires to come close to and comfort you to show you love and grace beyond human capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment