Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Early Mornings!


After only getting three hours of sleep last night getting up at 4:30 am was no easy task. When my alarm clock went off I dreaded the thought of moving from my bed but, anticipating seeing my sister, I pushed through the tiredness. Getting out of bed, I walked into the kitchen and announced to my dad that I would be traveling with him to Kokomo where my sister lives and he works about an hour from our home .

Upon returning to my room I proceeded to get dressed. As I put my yoga pants on my sleepy self I knew something didn't feel right. It is then, I realized my pants were on backward and if this was any precursor to how my dad would play out going back to bed was sounding pretty good.

With some encouragement from my dad about the time, I grabbed my back-pack complete with blanket and laptop and headed for my dad's car oblivious of his request for me to take the trash out. I heard him grumbling and hoped this wouldn't be the intro into a long discussion about my inability to meet his requests. However, this time things didn't take that turn and calm was restored as he took the trash to the street and returned to the car.

Boy, was that car ride short before I knew it we were at the meeting spot, my dad's place of employment, Chrysler. When my sister arrived I opened the door to get out and cold air rushed in. I thought to myself what was I thinking getting up this early. For anyone who knows me being cold and sleepy are a good way to catch me in a not so pleasant mood. But overwhelmed with the excitement of spending time with my sister I smiled when she said, "So are ya ready to go to Panera and study for four hours."

Once at Panera we got breakfast and I realized what a blessing this day was going to be. I mean how can it not be a blessing when your sister buys you a yummy Panera bagel and after all your hard-work studying you get to go see the latest addition to the family.

By latest addition I am talking about my sister's new puppy, Diesel a cute, red-haired labordoodle.

God Is So So GOOD. Its all about our willingness to trust in his plans and purpose for our lives and I'm thankful for his plan for me to spend the day with my sister.

Maybe I was apprehensive at first because of the early morning or the four hours of straight school work but despite the negative attitude that attempted to thwart God's plan.

THE BEAUTIFUL THING IS THAT NOTHING CAN THWART HIS PLANS

The LORD of Heaven's Armies has spoken--who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?" Isaiah 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment