Thursday, February 28, 2013

Im gonna fix my eyes on all that you are



Life is lovely. It truly is. The degree to which we realize and embrace it depends on us. After quite the trying day emotions running high, tears,and frustrations begging me to have a terrible night. I got a real glimpse of what it means to give all your burdens to Him.

I know all too often I try to handle everything on my own but, through prayers of tears streaming down my face God showed up to ease my burden. He gave me the realization of what it truly means to give everything up to him. It means that we admit how truly utterly helpless were are without him and beg him to show up and be our strength.

HE CAN, HE WILL, HE DOES.

Its our flesh that fights against the help, its our flesh that wants to do things our way .... but laying that aside... letting our Savior step in is freeing it means we no longer labor but he does. He fights for us, He supplicates our needs how amazing how comforting. But only to the degree that we allow him too. That's the realization he laid on my heart tonight and as beautiful as it was it was also convicting because I realized how little I allowed him too ease my burdens and how deeply I need him too.

As I learn to give my burdens to God I am able to relax, smile, and enjoy my life to a greater degree.

Matthew Chapter 11 28 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

When we are weak it is a blessing because it is then that Christ's power shows up in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment