Sunday, March 10, 2013

but the fruit of the spirit



Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,. To what extent do the fruits of the spirit play a role in your walk, do you even notice them?

This week Zac & I went on road trip to Durham, North Carolina. We were able to stay with some incredible people. It was such a blessing, we couldn't have asked for better hosts. As I was thinking about what a blessing they were to us over this long weekend, I began to think of the fruits of the spirit the fruits they so readily produced... kindness, goodness, joy, love.... they were all these things and more.

For starters they cooked us meals, gave up their free time, showed us around Durham, and thought ahead of time planning to take us to places they knew we would like to visit. For me it was to cupcake shops(my favorite) and for Zac it was to the Cameron Stadium at Duke. Among many many other fun things. Those were just our favorites.

These people really blessed us and we can't thank them enough more than anything they said their actions were examples. I not only leave their home with great memories of a wonderful vacation. I leave their home more aware of the spiritual fruits I am producing, are they an example to others and to what extent am I putting others before myself?

Christ first, others second, myself last.(repeat repeat repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment