Monday, March 11, 2013

peaceful confusion



Over the weekend my dream of owning my own bakery was reawakened. I visited a couple bakeries including Daisycakes and the Humming Bird Cafe. It really put the desire back in me to want to bake professionally. But as soon as it came it went, because of the risk factors involved, they are to scary! Finances. Commitment. RISK RISK RISK. How do I justify all this risk?

What if I fail?

Not to mention the thought of the toll, owning my own bakery would take on my family, now I realize I don't have one right now, but I want to in the future. Wait, let me clarify I realize I could own my own bakery and probably manage a family too, but to the degree I want to be involved with my family I know it wouldn't be a compatible career.

At this point in my life it seems I find everything confusing, not really all to sure what I want to do with my life. What kind of occupation I want to hold, with the thought of a family looming over my head. I feel compelled to think of that when considering any career; will this be conducive to a family life.

Now I realize I'm twenty years-old and not married but I already feel in my heart the plans God has for me as a woman, the call he has on my life- to be a wife and a mother. Something I can't ignore, something I must submit too, something I want to submit too.

But then, just when I start to accept what God has called me too. I begin to be pulled on by the world. It tells me of all these things I have to be and how I have to do it all. I have to get a college degree even though I might not use it. I have to work and manage a family even if its not whats best for my family. The world and even my family sometimes, is telling me all this stuff I have to do to please them, to make them happy.

When does it end though? It doesn't and that is why Jesus came because we live in a fallen world; a world that is constantly trying to take our focus off of Him and put it on other things, and all these thoughts and worries that is all they are, distractions something to keep our eyes on things other than Christ and that is why he came with a promise, a promise that can't be broken.

breathe in a sigh of relief, for those who love Jesus and have been saved he assures in Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. and in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

So whether or not my future includes baking professionally or for my family, I know God knows my heart far better than me and he will supplicate all I need and I will be content in what he gives me. His will is best. In this the risks fade and peace settles in, I have no need to worry, I have all I need.

1 comment:

  1. I love your faith and trust in the Lord, Shai. He is doing great things in you, and I am so excited for the path He is preparing for you to fulfill the desires of your heart to love and serve your future family well!

    ReplyDelete