Friday, March 29, 2013

Prayers of an...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Prayers of an... Excellent Wife.

No. I am not married. I am twenty years-old and in a relationship. The funny thing though, I wasn't even in a relationship when I started praying for my husband.

September 29, 2011. That was the day my heart was longing for a special person someone I could share my life with. Don't get me wrong this was not the only day I had longed but, this day in particular I had seen one of those corny posts about what a single girl waiting for God to bring the right man into her life could do.

One thing in particular struck me. Pray for your future husband and journal those prayers. Read those prayers often and over again to yourself. So that is exactly what I did. I prayed and I wrote and I prayed and wow did God show up. The prayers he put on my heart for that special person were touching. Touching because I knew they were from him, beautiful and heartfelt. They embodied the kind of man God wanted for his daughter. They were an instrument God used to teach me the kind of relationship he desires for his precious beloved daughters. They were also an instrument in teaching me to be the kind of woman he desires his precious beloved sons to be taken care of and served by.

Last year though,I came across a wonderful book recommended by Alyssa Joy Bethke. "Prayers of an Excellent Wife".

Today, as I was reading and praying one of the prayers:

Lovely God, Turn the attentions of my husband to Yourself. Let him give ear to the law that has gone out from You, to the justice that You have set for light to the peoples. May Your righteousness draw near to him, let your salvation go out to him; make him hope for You, and for Your arm let him wait. Lift up his eyes to the heavens, and cause him to look at the earth beneath and see that the heavens vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment, and they who dwell in it will die in like manner. But remind him that Your salvation will be forever, and Your righteousness will never be dismayed. Listen to Him, O beloved, you who know righteousness;for He says, "Fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings. For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them like wool; but My Righteousness will be forever, and My salvation to all generations." Awake, awake, put on the strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in days of old the generations of longs ago, and defend my husband. You have ransomed him, therefore let him come into Your presence with singing; crown his head with everlasting joy; grant him gladness and joy, so that sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Teach him to not be afraid of man who dies, of the son of man who is made like grass, for You, You are He who comforts him. Let him take confidence in You, his Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth. and may he fear not the oppressors who set themselves up to destroy.

Below this prayer was the chapter from the Bible (Isaiah 51) which holds this beautiful promise:

Isaiah 51: 6-7 But my salvation will last FOREVER, my righteousness will NEVER fail. Hear me, you who know what is RIGHT, you people who have my law in your hearts: Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified by their insults. For the moth will eat them up like a garment; the worm will devour them like wool. But my righteousness will last forever, my salvation THROUGH ALL GENERATIONS.

Be ever so blessed as I was today. God is fighting for you, He loves you without end!

No comments:

Post a Comment