Saturday, April 20, 2013

Elvis Cake


Peanutbutter. Maple Syrup. Bacon. Bananas.

If you enjoy these foods separately let me recommend them together, oh how they so beautifully compliment each other. Its the perfect combo of sweet and salty. The best way I know how to describe it is when I'm eating my breakfast and accidently on purpose get my maple syrup on my bacon. Its wonderful.

I used the recipe from confessions of a cookbook queen titled "Elvis Cupcake" Her cupcakes turned out beautiful and she also added a marshmellow topping which I decided to leave out to save money and mess clean up time.

Mine version pictured below is a first attempt and you know how that goes.... the taste was perfect but the look needs some work and next time I'll do a couple things different. I'll have different liners and probably arranged the bacon differently and also make the icing a little smoother.



Making them with my cousin Rachel was a blast, let me know if you like this recipe too :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sweet and salty fanatic! May have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They are every sweet and salty lover's best friend!

    ReplyDelete