Friday, April 12, 2013

friday five: cupcake favorites


Ask about anyone that knows me and you'll probably learn pretty quickly, I have a slight obsession with cupcakes. Eating them. Decorating them. All things cupcakes over here.

It all started when I made them for my young adult fellowship group,(( Engage)). They went over pretty well, as everyone loves a good sweet treat every-DAY! So I continued to make them stepping up the fancy all the way, eventually getting them to look pretty cute at times.

1. (Favorite creation)created this for a friend's 22 surprise birthday party.



A very time consuming project but it was neat seeing it come together. It consisted of red cupcake liners, vanilla waffers, chocolate doughnuts, yellow nerds or sprinkles, graham crackers and white chocolate circles.

2. (Favorite Cake Recipe)Pineapple Cream Cupcakes By: Your Cup of Cake These were super yummy and popular with the taste buds! This is a picture of my version!



3. (Favorite Icing) It would definitely have to be the Almond Joy Icing also by Your Cup of Cake a coconut butter cream dipped in milk chocolate and sprinkled with almond slivers. Her is my recreation:



4. (Favorite Baking Cups) Le Petite Gateau! I especially love this particular style! So vintage and floral and cute!



5. Last but not least my (Favorite Cupcake Inspiration for the Week)It comes from Confessions of a Cook Book Queen The Elvis inspired recipe looks divine and I can't wait to try it out!!


Peanut butter maple icing with vanilla bean marshmallow topping all on a banana cupcake and topped with bacon; lets just say my mouth is watering as I'm typing this!

1 comment:

  1. Love your cupcakes!!! #3 looks familiar! ;) Happy to see you joined me for 5 Things Friday! :) xo, Eva

    ReplyDelete