Monday, May 27, 2013

memorial day thanks and #bachelorette thoughts


First and foremost I want to thank all the soldiers who have and continue to BRAVELY fight for our freedom. You are appreciated. Because of you I was blessed to be able to spend this Monday enjoying time with dear friends and family.

On the Agenda was a last minute cook-out at my grandma's. Pork chops, ribs, brats, hot dogs, macaroni salad, and fruit. YUM YUM YUM. I had a great time playing with my cousins Chris and Danica. At 20 years-old I can say I still thoroughly enjoy hide and go seek. And flying kites or attempting to fly kites HAH!. It was totally the kite old and shoddy. (I said I would never use the word shoddy because it sounds too much like shorty but, look at me eating my words.)Oh well, Next time we will be more prepared with a new kite! Laughing and eating and just being in each others presence its a sure way to fill your heart with JOY. We also celebrated my Uncle Wayne's 59th Birthday, Happy Birthday Uncle Wayne.







Then it was off to Cindy's house for some more grilled food. My belly was getting full but I managed to make room for a hamburger and some potatoes. Realizing I wasn't going to be able to eat much more I passed on salad to be sure I had room for a brownie and ice cream. NO REGRETS! Then after dinner we made time to play a card game. It was the perfect opportunity to teach Greg, Cindy, and Joseph a game I had been playing a lot lately with my boyfriend and his family and so I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE MOMENT! Warlords and Scumbags, have you played? Its pretty fun. I was feeling pretty confident until they finally caught on and by the end of the game I had went from Warlord to Scumbag. Now my confidence was in that I had adequately succeeded in teaching them. More confirmation that TEACHING is my thing? I think so :)



The cherry on top? The Bachelorette was on and its only one of my favorite shows ever! And for some reason when the guys left especially the magician and knight in shining armor, I was sad to see them go! I almost teared up as corny as they might have been they seemed pretty genuine and most of the time the guys that go home on the first night are just PYSCHO and SCARY or CRAZY AWKWARD.

Good Luck in Love, Magician


and Knight in Shinning Armor ......

No comments:

Post a Comment