Friday, May 31, 2013

the good thing....



Why is it that the right thing is usually the hard thing!?!

Probably because the right thing means dying to ourselves not giving in to the flesh which, is no easy task. The flesh which tends to fight against everything God desires for us also fights for everything that temporarily makes life better and easier.

I often wonder how my heart can be so stubborn at times, that I give into my flesh? Even when I know it will amount in no gain. When I know it will only result in me becoming closer to the world and farther from my Father. Which will result in a life filled to the brim with despair and pain running from one thing to another for fulfillment.

It irritates me to an almost unbearable degree, my flesh. I can definitely relate to Pual in Romans 7:15 when he says, "For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." Its true we often at times hate the sin in our lives but keep on sinning !?! Thinking that our ways will somehow amount to change that we can do what we want, how we want and things will turn out okay.

And no matter how long we attempt we continue to fail.

But this only testifies to the power of Christ and that apart from him we can do nothing. It means that if we are not in his will we are not going to be okay our ways will not be prosperous and we will not bring glory to His name. Well, you might be for a short time that is until something goes wrong. Glory to Christ though, is given when things go wrong and we can remain strong and find our strength in him to carry on.

Galatians 5:13-16 ESV /
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another. But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

His desire for us is that we live a blessed life and if we hold that love close to our hearts we will begin to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment